Compact size, high-quality sound
The Pulse Mini 2i fits just about anywhere there's AC power.
High-resolution audio playback in a small package — that's the Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i. This compact speaker is ideal for a bookshelf, nightstand, or any place where space is at a premium. It's all set up for stereo sound from a single speaker, thanks to two 4" woofers and two 3/4" tweeters. Each driver is powered by its own amplifier for clear, detailed sound.
You can make the Pulse Mini 2i part of a Bluesound multi-room wireless audio system and enjoy streaming high-resolution music from your digital library and music services.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer through your Bluesound system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Bluesound speakers or components you want it to play through.
High-quality two-way Bluetooth streaming
The Pulse Mini 2i features aptX HD Bluetooth streaming for higher-fidelity sound with compatible Bluetooth devices. The system is backward-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth, too. You can even share that Bluetooth source with other Bluesound music players around your house that are connected to your network. And for convenient late-night listening, you can also stream wirelessly from the Pulse Mini 2i to a paired set of wireless headphones.
A universe of music options
Bluesound is compatible with virtually all digital music formats — including high-resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive. Stream from internet radio stations and online services like Spotify and TIDAL (including their high-res MQA service tier). You can also enjoy downloads from your favourite high-res music sites.
A USB input conveniently lets you play files "locally" from a flash drive or hard drive — ideal when friends come over with their own music.
Control it all with an app
The BluOS controller app is a free download for both Apple and Android devices. Select songs from your smartphone or tablet. The app displays all of your music services, internet radio stations, and digital music libraries stored on your computer or server. Play music in one room, all rooms, or different tracks in different spaces around your home through BluOS-compatible speakers and players.
- Communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- Plays MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, MQA, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- Supported sample rates: 32kHz to 192kHz
- Supported bit depths 16-24
- Two 4" woofers, two 3/4" tweeters
- Power output: 100 watts (40W X 2 woofers + 10W x 2 tweeters)
- Two Pulse Mini 2i speakers can be paired together for even bigger stereo sound
- Frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- Works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
BluOS Controller app:
- Free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- Set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- Control multi-room playback with two or more Bluesound speakers or components
- Select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream to other rooms via Wi-Fi
- Access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- Stream from-compatible services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Amazon Music, TuneIn, and Deezer (Subscriptions may be required)
- Moisture-resistant sealed enclosure
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Bluetooth streaming to paired headphones or speakers
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- firmware update may be required
- Top-mounted controls for volume and muting
- USB Type-A port for connecting a flash drive with music files
- Combination mini-optical/stereo minijack audio input
- Headphone stereo minijack
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Ethernet port
- Detachable AC power cord
- 335 x 172 x 155 mm
- Weight: 3.6 kg
Pulse Mini 2i: The Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i wireless powered speaker employs various technologies; including advanced DirectDigital amplification from NAD Electronics, custom-tuned drivers from PSB Speakers, and BluOS multiroom audio software for seamless hi-res audio throughout your home. The end result is an innovative wireless powered speaker that delivers deep bass and full-range sound free from distortion.
- Dynamic Full-Range Stereo Sound: The Mini 2i produces stereo sound through the use of two 0.75" dome tweeters and two 4" mid-bass woofers designed by PSB Speakers inside dual acoustic chambers. The Bluesound Mini 2i produces dynamic, full-range sound with a frequency response of 50Hz to 20kHz.
- DirectDigital Bi-Amplification: The Mini 2i utilizes a Direct Digital amplifier from NAD Electronics rated at 100 watts with 0.03% THD. The Mini 2i uses a bi-amplified configuration delivering 10 watts to each tweeter and 40 watts to each woofer.
- DSP Audio Settings: Advanced state-of-the-art DSP equalization maximizes bass power and clarity. You can choose from a variety of DSP audio modes - Wide Mode (broader soundstage), Late Night (dynamic range compression), Dialog (enhanced vocals), or Front Row (live music).
Applications: The Bluesound Mini 2i is a versatile, full-range speaker that can be used in a variety of applications - including a single speaker setup, multiroom audio setup, 2ch stereo setup, or home theater setup. It can even be paired with Bluesound's wireless powered subwoofer.
- Start with a single 2i speaker and add more to create a wireless multiroom audio system.
- Two Mini 2i speakers can be paired together for room-filling stereo sound.
- Group two Mini 2i speakers together with the Pulse Soundbar 2i (sold separately) and create a wireless surround sound system with dedicated rear channels.
- Using Bluesound's RT100 wireless adapter (sold separately), you can add the Bluesound Pulse Sub (sold separately) wirelessly to a single Mini 2i speaker or a stereo pair of Mini 2i speakers for bigger bass response.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i wireless speaker is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies (like dual-band WiFi and an ARM Cortex9 1GHz Processor), BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
Note: Gen 2i of Bluesound is compatible with earlier generations of Bluesound products.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (computers and NAS drives); and Aux inputs (analog or digital).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack connector or wireless 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac connection. The 5GHz WiFi band offers a more faster and reliable connection with less interruptions and dropouts. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music libraries from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault 2i, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services and internet radio.
Note: A wireless network connection will always be required for the BluOS Controller App.
- Wired Ethernet Setup: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, simply connect the Pulse Mini 2i directly to your router or home network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
- Wireless WiFi Setup: A wireless connection allows you to place your BluOS Player virtually anywhere inside your home, but does require setup through the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you are on a Windows PC (7/8/10) or Apple Mac, you'll use Bluesound's web browser based application. You'll be walked you through the set-up process step-by-step.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.