- Communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network
- Ethernet connection required (cable included)
- Plays MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG FLAC, MQA, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supported sample rates: 32kHz to 192kHz
- supported bit depths 16-24
- Slot-loading single CD ripper
- selectable formats: FLAC, MP3 (320kbps), WAV
- 2TB built-in hard drive
- Works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
BluOS Controller app:
- Free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- Set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- Control multi-room playback with two or more Bluesound speakers or components
- Select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream to other rooms via Wi-Fi
- Access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- Stream from-compatible services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Amazon Music, TuneIn, and Deezer (Subscriptions may be required)
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Bluetooth streaming to paired headphones or speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- firmware update may be required
- Top-mounted controls for volume and muting
- 2 USB Type-A ports for connecting with music files
- Combination mini-optical/stereo minijack audio input
- Analog RCA stereo audio output (stereo RCA-to-RCA cable included)
- Coaxial digital audio output
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Mono RCA subwoofer output
- Stereo minijack headphone output
- Ethernet port (Ethernet cable included)
- Detachable AC power cord
- 220 x 90 x 192 mm
- Weight: 1.84 kg
Vault 2i: The Bluesound Vault 2i provides a convenient way to store and listen to your digital music collection through your existing entertainment system and home network. The Vault 2i features a CD-ripper and 2TB hard-drive to store you CD-Audio music files. It also offers a wired network connection and can act as a NAS drive for storage & playback of digital music files on your Windows or Mac computer. In addition, its network connection lets you access even more music from online music services and internet radio. There is even a direct USB input for connection of a USB mass storage class device that contains music files and support for Bluetooth audio streaming. All of this can be controlled from your Apple iOS or Android device using the free BluOS Controller app.
CD-Ripper w/ 2TB Hard-Drive: The Vault 2i's slot-loading CD mechanism can rip an inserted audio CD directly to its 2TB hard-drive. Rip all your CDs rapidly in lossless high-resolution FLAC or WAV formats, space-saving MP3, or both simultaneously. You can also purchase, download, and store high-resolution tracks from HDTracks (coming soon) & HighResAudio on this dedicated ultra-quiet 2TB hard-drive; with no computer needed. Now, you'll be able to access and share your entire digital music collection and stream it in studio-quality to multiple rooms all over the home via the BluOS wireless eco-system.
- The Vault 2i uses a quality checking process to make the rip, encode, and index the audio from a CD audio disc. This process takes approximately 20 to 25 minutes for the average 60 minute CD.
- The Vault 2i can store up to18,000 songs in 24-bit/96kHz FLAC format. If you need more space, there is the option to add an extra USB hard drive via one of the USB (type-A) ports located on back of the Vault 2.
BluOS Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The Bluesound Vault 2i is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wired or wireless network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. Using advanced technologies (like dual-band WiFi and an ARM Cortex9 1GHz Processor), BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (from mobile devices; computers, and NAS drives); and Aux inputs (analog or digital).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Gen 2i of Bluesound is compatible with earlier generations of Bluesound products.
Wired Network Connection:
The Bluesound Vault 2i is fitted with a Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) jack for a wired connection to your home's network and internet provider. This network/internet connection allows you to listen to music on the Vault 2i's hard-drive on other Bluesound devices through out your home, plus lets you stream digital music files on your network connected Windows or Mac computer, as well as stream select online music services and internet radio to your existing home audio system and the rest of your Bluesound and BluOS-enabled components throughout your home.
High Resolution Audio:
- The Bluesound Vault 2i can only be connected to your network by a wired Ethernet connection. The Vault 2i does not have a wireless network card and does not support WiFi.
- Even though the Vault 2i only supports a wired network connection and does not support WiFi, a wireless network router is still required required for the BluOS Controller App.
High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. With full support for hi-res audio, you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
***if you are interested in having this model professionally installed, please contact us for an authorised Dealer/Installer in your region
Apps, Drivers and latest Firmware here: