IR Over HDMI Injector Kit
HDANYWHERE IR Over HDMI Injector Kit
When HDMI video source devices are situated in another room or if there is a break in line of sight, infrared remote commands will not work. In the past the solution has been to install a separate IR repeater system. The IR over HDMI Injector Kit is a reliable and easy-to-install solution that simply bolts onto your existing HDMI cabling.
The IR over HDMI injector Kit utilises the mostly unused CEC channel of your HDMI cable to send the IR signal. The CEC channel is used only by certain HDTVs that can send control commands to compatible video sources, so if you use CEC, you don't need to extend your remote controls. The unit has a switch that allows you to toggle between IR injection and CEC channel use.
Pack contents: 1. IR Transmitter 2. IR Receiver 3. IR Dongle (both labelled RX)
Step by step guide:
1. Install the HDMI IR dongle between the HDMI input on the TV and your HDMI cable. Ensure that the switch is set to “IR”. Plug the IR Receiver (see ‘Pack Contents – 2.’) into the stereo jack input on the dongle (labelled RX).
2. Position the IR Receiver ( see ‘Pack Contents – 2.’) with clear line-of-sight to the remote.
3. Install the HDMI IR dongle betwen the HDMI input on the source and the HDMI cable, similarly to point 1. Again, ensuring that the switch is set to “IR”.
4. Plug the IR Transmitter (see ‘Pack Contents – 1.’) into the stereo jack input on the dongle (labelled RX on the dongle).
5. Position the IR transmitter ( see ‘Pack Contents – 1.’) with clear line-of-sight to the remote receiver on the source.